Creating a Culture of Innovation
If you want to break through to the next level of success, you need to adopt innovation as a core business strategy. These tips can help your business become a hotbed of innovation.
In these days organizations can only grow and inoculate themselves against dramatic disruption if they have a culture of innovation. Disrupt or be disrupted. But what are you supposed to do to create a culture of innovation?
I recently met with my cousin, Sujay Shah in Canada. I was really impressed with the growth and success of his latest business. He was twice a finalist for Ernest & Young’s entrepreneur of the year. Further his company was also recognised as one of Canada’s Best Managed companies by Deloitte for the last 5 consecutive years.
What impressed me most was that his company, Kii Naturals had innovation as a core business strategy. I believe that we can all learn from innovative companies like Kii Naturals. I believe culture eats strategy for breakfast. As a leader you need to create a culture of innovation, I suggest these seven ways:
- Model innovation yourself.
- Build in regular time for innovation.
- Share your expectations about innovation.
- Make innovation one of your core values.
- Recognize innovation in real time.
- Reward innovation on a regular basis.
- Give people room to make mistakes.
To learn more about these 7 ways to create a culture of innovation, click here for the full article:
Written by: Neeraj Shah
Sujay Shah - Founder of Kii Naturals
- Kii Naturals - A Five Time Gold Standard Winner of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Creating a Culture of Innovation
- Kii takes Gold!
- Exclusive Organic Artisan Crisps launch in Costco Canada
- Kii Naturals Launches Organic Artisan Crisps
- Top Entrepreneur 2015
- Ontario Going Global Award Winner 2014
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist 2014
- 2014 Young Entrepreneur Under 40
- Best Managed Company 3 Years Running
- ICCC Male Entrepreneur of the Year 2013
- Harnessing The Energy Of Vertical Integration
- 50 Best Managed Requalified Member 2013
- Kii Naturals Top 5 Best Managed in Vaughan
- 50 Best Managed Winner 2012
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist 2011
- Supplier of the Year 2011