Spreading Holiday Cheer
As parents, one of our key roles is to provide our kids with the tools they need to live a healthy and happy life. But there is one thing that we should learn from our kids… to smile more!
On average, an adult smiles about 20 times a day. Children on the other hand, smile over 400 times a day! As adults, we’re missing out because there are so many health benefits attributed to smiling. Here are some reasons why we need to smile a little more:
- Manages stress & anxiety: when we smile, endorphins are released which reduce the stress hormone cortisol in our bodies.
- Lowers heart rate & blood pressure: dopamine and serotonin are also released when we smile. This relaxes our bodies and can lower our heart rate and blood pressure.
- Improves relationships: smiling makes you seem more approachable and you are viewed as more attractive, reliable and sincere.
- Strengthens the immune system: smiling has been linked to producing white blood cells, which your body needs to fight off illnesses.
- Look younger: smiling naturally lifts the face. Studies have shown that smiling can make people look around 3 years younger on average.
Did you know that smiling is also contagious? Bring the phrase “Spread holiday cheer” to life and smile big this holiday season. This spreads the health benefits throughout those around you and it comes back to you several times as well. Bonus!
At Smile Natural Foods, we are committed in providing you with the best ingredients you need to nourish a busy life and help bring a smile to your face.
What makes you smile? Let us know on our Smile Facebook page. www.facebook.com/smilenaturalfoods
- A Kii Summertime Appetizer
- A Kii BBQ for the Long Weekend!
- Kii Crisps & Kale Salad... Yes, please!
- We're going NUTS over this snack!
- Variety is the Spice of Life
- Family Day Recipe
- A Valentine’s Day Surprise
- The Perfect Date
- Smile Smoothie Bowl
- Be Good To You
- Turn Rabbit Food into Real Food
- The Most Important Meal of the Day
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Spreading Holiday Cheer
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- The Queen of Spice
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Fall Recipes that Make us Smile
- Life Demands You
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- New Wholefood Blends™ are here!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- We're ingredient geniuses...not to brag;)
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps
- Squash & Spiced Pepitas on Cranberry Crisps