The Queen of Spice
Turmeric, also known as the Queen of Spice or Spice of Life, has been used for centuries and is one of the top superfoods. But what’s so great about this gold spice that is typically used for colouring and added flavour?
Over 6,000 peer-reviewed articles have been written that prove the following benefits of turmeric:
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Anti-oxidative properties from turmeric’s active ingredient, curcumin
- Digestive aid that promotes healing of the stomach, gut and liver
- Antimicrobial properties
- Helps prevent heart disease, diabetes, Alzheimer’s & certain auto-immune conditions
Not bad for one spice!
Research has also shown that combining turmeric with other ingredients like ginger and hemp helps to increase the functionality of curcumin and helps the body absorb it more easily.
That is why turmeric is one of the many superfoods used in our Fig & Cacao Wholefood Blend™. Not only is turmeric used, but hemp is added to help create that symbiotic relationship to give your body those amazing nutrients for health and healing.
So when life demands you, try our Wholefood Blend™ + Fig Cacao with this smoothie recipe:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 container of dark chocolate pudding
- 1 banana
- 3 tbsp of Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Wholefood Blend™ + Fig Cacao
Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Serve and enjoy!
- Variety is the Spice of Life
- Family Day Recipe
- A Valentine’s Day Surprise
- The Perfect Date
- Smile Smoothie Bowl
- Be Good To You
- Turn Rabbit Food into Real Food
- The Most Important Meal of the Day
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Spreading Holiday Cheer
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Nutty for Chocolate Crisps
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- The Queen of Spice
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Fall Recipes that Make us Smile
- Life Demands You
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- New Wholefood Blends™ are here!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- We're ingredient geniuses...not to brag;)
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps
- Squash & Spiced Pepitas on Cranberry Crisps