The Most Important Meal of the Day
We've all heard it... "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day"...
It's ironic how the most important meal of the day is often the most inconvenient! The struggle is real! Do you press the snooze button to get a few more precious moments of sleep or do you emerge from your warm cozy bed covers to start the day and make breakfast?
If we're going to commit to eating a good breakfast daily, then we need some good proof as to why it is the most important meal of the day!
Here's what we found:
1. Improved cognitive function- Eating breakfast restores glucose levels which are needed for the brain to function. This can improve memory and concentration levels.
2. Improved mood- We can be pretty cranky when we're hungry. The body has just been on a fast for the last 8 or so hours, so inevitably it's a little hungry. Don't get distracted by hunger pains or a growling stomach.
3. Kick start your metabolism- Your metabolism slows down when you're asleep. Eating a healthy breakfast kick starts the metabolism which can help lose or maintain weight.
4. Increased nutritional intake- Eating breakfast provides another great opportunity to get the nutrients you need to thrive.
5. Increased energy- The increase in nutrients will provide the fuel and energy that you need to get through your busy day.
We get it! Life is demanding- especially in the morning! Luckily Wholefood Blend™ makes it quick AND easy to improve the quality of your breakfast. Incorporating Wholefood Blend™ at breakfast will help get you through your busy day and get you excited about breakfast again! Just one serving of this all-in-one organic blend has Omega 3&6 for brain power, complex carbohydrates for energy and antioxidants to fight those free radicals and help keep you healthy.
Here's one of our favourite breakfast recipes that takes less than 5 minutes to make:
- 1 cup of your favourite cereal or muesli
- 1/2 cup fresh milk (or any other milk substitute like coconut milk, almond milk etc.)
- 1 cup fresh and colourful fruit (we used pomegranates, blueberries and kiwi)
- 1 tablespoon of Wholefood Blend™ (we used Wholefood Blend™ + Coconut)
The night before wash and prep all of the fruit to save you time in the morning. When you wake up add milk or milk substitute, colourful fruit and 1 tbsp of Wholefood Blend™ to your favourite cereal. Serve and enjoy!
This is one bowl of happiness. The bright colours, texture and nutrients from this bowl bring a smile to our face! The quick prep time also means we don't need to sacrifice our sleep. Bonus!
Wholefood Blend™ can also be added to some of your other favourite breakfast foods:
- Smoothies/Smoothie Bowls
- Fresh Fruit
A healthy breakfast will give you the energy that who knows... may make the snooze button become a thing of the past!
Join our social community and share your favourite breakfast ideas using Wholefood Blend™. www.facebook.com/smilenaturalfoods
Eat Well, Smile More.
- Variety is the Spice of Life
- Family Day Recipe
- A Valentine’s Day Surprise
- The Perfect Date
- Smile Smoothie Bowl
- Be Good To You
- Turn Rabbit Food into Real Food
- The Most Important Meal of the Day
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Spreading Holiday Cheer
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Nutty for Chocolate Crisps
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- The Queen of Spice
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Fall Recipes that Make us Smile
- Life Demands You
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- New Wholefood Blends™ are here!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- We're ingredient geniuses...not to brag;)
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps
- Squash & Spiced Pepitas on Cranberry Crisps