Seasonal Cheese Board
‘Tis the season of entertaining! As we get ready for holiday entertaining, we often think what can we serve guests? Why not impress them with a seasonal cheese board? It’s easy to put together & versatile to please different palates!
Here’s what we used to create our seasonal cheese board:
1) 3 different cheeses based on texture:
Soft Bodied: Brie
Firm: Parmigiano Reggiano
Tip: As a rule of thumb, use 3-4 ounces of cheese per person. We also recommend keeping the cheese out for a couple of hours before so it is served at room temperature.
2) 3 savory and 3 sweet accompaniments:
Savory: Olives, Prosciutto, Walnuts
Sweet: Fig Jam, Seasonal Pears, Dates
The savory and sweet accompaniments act as palate cleansers and enhance the flavors of the cheese.
3) Something crispy
Kii Naturals Artisan Crisps perfectly compliment the cheese and add that crunch wow factor. For our seasonal board we used Cranberry & Pumpkin Seed Artisan Crisps. The vibrant rich color from the sweet cranberries contrast nicely against the cheese.
Assembling the board:
The wooden board creates that rustic & organic look that works nicely with the ingredients used. We recommend spreading out the ingredients so that you have a mix of cheese, savory and sweet items throughout. The trick is to use ingredients that are different colors and textures to create a vibrant and eye-catching board.
Once you have finished assembling the ingredients, add the cheese knifes and voila, you have a seasonal cheese board!
Share your seasonal cheese board with us online!
- Variety is the Spice of Life
- Family Day Recipe
- A Valentine’s Day Surprise
- The Perfect Date
- Smile Smoothie Bowl
- Be Good To You
- Turn Rabbit Food into Real Food
- The Most Important Meal of the Day
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Spreading Holiday Cheer
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Nutty for Chocolate Crisps
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- The Queen of Spice
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Fall Recipes that Make us Smile
- Life Demands You
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- New Wholefood Blends™ are here!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- We're ingredient geniuses...not to brag;)
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps
- Squash & Spiced Pepitas on Cranberry Crisps