Squash & Spiced Pepitas on Cranberry Crisps
Fall in love with this seasonal combination of sumptuous butternut squash with sweet and smoky pumpkin seeds. Every morsel is a grand combination of autumn flavours and colours that would perfectly precede a Thanksgiving feast. The interplay of rich and smooth butternut squash, brilliantly sprinkled with crumbled goat cheese and splendidly spiced pumpkin seeds will make this appetizer a family favourite for years to come.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 80 minutes
Makes approximately 30 crisps
- 1 box (5.3 oz/150g) Kii Naturals Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Crisps
- 4 cups (1 L) cubed butternut squash (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt and chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) plain Greek yogurt, or sour cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled goat cheese
Spiced Pumpkin Seeds Ingredients
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) brown sugar
- Pinch each ground salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and cayenne
Butternut Squash Directions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Toss butternut squash with olive oil, thyme, garlic, salt, chili powder and pepper. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes on baking sheet until tender.
- Add squash to food processor with yogurt and pulse until smooth.
Spiced Pumpkin Seeds Directions
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Toss pumpkin seeds with oil, sugar, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and cayenne.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until dry and toasted and then let cool completely.
- Top each crisp with dollop of butternut squash, crumbled goat cheese, and 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds.
- Variety is the Spice of Life
- Family Day Recipe
- A Valentine’s Day Surprise
- The Perfect Date
- Smile Smoothie Bowl
- Be Good To You
- Turn Rabbit Food into Real Food
- The Most Important Meal of the Day
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Spreading Holiday Cheer
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Nutty for Chocolate Crisps
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- The Queen of Spice
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Fall Recipes that Make us Smile
- Life Demands You
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- New Wholefood Blends™ are here!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- We're ingredient geniuses...not to brag;)
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps
- Squash & Spiced Pepitas on Cranberry Crisps