We are proud to say Non-GMO! Read what our Wellness Expert, Jennifer Van Barneveld-Pe has to say about GMOs.
NON GMO, Yes or No?
There is a lot of information out there when it comes to nutrition and some is just darn right confusing.
I often hear people say “if we listen to all the food that is bad for us, we won’t be able to eat anything!”. In my opinion that statement is being a little over-dramatic, but since there is so much bad information out there I can understand why people feel that way. So let’s unwrap one statement/label that we’re seeing a lot of lately. NON GMO.
What are GMOs?
GMOs (or “genetically modified organisms”) are living organisms whose genetic material has been artificially manipulated in a laboratory through genetic engineering. This relatively new science creates unstable combinations of plant, animal, bacteria and viral genes that do not occur in nature or through traditional crossbreeding methods.
In short, fake food.
Are GMOs safe? Surprisingly, but no so surprisingly, most developed nations do not consider GMOs to be safe.
In more than 60 countries around the world (the smart ones!), including Australia, Japan, and all of the countries in the European Union, there are significant restrictions or outright bans on the production and sale of GMOs. In the U.S. and Canada, the government has approved GMOs based on studies conducted by the same corporations that created them and profit from their sale.
The great thing is that more Canadians and Americans are taking matters into their own hands and choosing to opt out of the GMO experiment.
This is where the Non-GMO Project comes in.
The Non-GMO Project is a non-profit organization with a mission of protecting the non-GMO food supply and giving consumers an informed choice. We offer North America’s ONLY third party verification for products produced according to rigorous best practices for GMO avoidance (for more info, click here). Our strategy is to empower consumers to make change through the marketplace. If people stop buying GMOs, companies will stop using them and farmers will stop growing them.
As a Nutritionist and Mom, it’s very important to me that my family eats NON GMO. I believe there is a reason why cancer and other autoimmune diseases are on the rise and in my strong opinion it’s a result of the crappy and FAKE food we’re consuming.
So don’t turn a blind eye to the next catchy and tantalizing snack for your kids. Read the packaging. Look for this logo verification on the package.
This is why I’m happy to have my go-to snack with Kii Natural’s Crisps. They are all organic, NON GMO and all the ingredients are from where they grow naturally. Jackson can’t get enough of these delicious crisps and as a Mom it gives me peace of mind knowing he’s eating a quality snack that he loves. Educate yourself and choose wisely Mamas!
Wellness Expert, Jennifer Van Barneveld-Pe stronglikemommy.com
- A Kii Spread & Prosecco Twist
- A Kii Treat - Chocolate Dipped Crisps
- A Kii Fall Favourite - Cinnamon Dusted Apple Crisps
- A Kii Fall Butternut Squash Soup
- A Kii 'Thanksgiving' Spread - Squash & Spiced Pepitas
- A Kii Pairing - Crisps & Brew
- A Kii Spread - Feta & Orange Peel
- A Kii Summertime Appetizer
- A Kii BBQ for the Long Weekend!
- Kii Crisps & Kale Salad... Yes, please!
- We're going NUTS over this snack!
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps