Origins of Pairings
When the weekend arrives and the weather is looking beautiful, there is no better way to enjoy it than a glass of vino with a delicious cheese platter.
Did you know, the origins of pairing Wine and Cheese can be traced back over hundreds of years as an art form (i.e. pairing full-bodied wine with strong, flavourful cheeses)? There is also a science component to this pairing as well.
Food Scientists from the National Institute of Health conducted research on the concept of "mouthfeel" where foods on the opposite ends of the spectrum of taste create a more delightful taste sensation.
I personally enjoy hearing from people that have discovered the sensation of paring our Kii Crisps with wine and cheese as it's usually a brand new experience. A good start (to anything really) is choosing your favourite artisan crisp flavour. Then, let your senses guide you.
Anyway, I'm going to enjoy my weekend...and my wine/cheese/Kii Crisps
- Jennifer Van Barneveld-Pe
Photo: Celine Saki Photography
Cheese Platter: courtesy of Hearty Catering
- A Kii Spread & Prosecco Twist
- A Kii Treat - Chocolate Dipped Crisps
- A Kii Fall Favourite - Cinnamon Dusted Apple Crisps
- A Kii Fall Butternut Squash Soup
- A Kii 'Thanksgiving' Spread - Squash & Spiced Pepitas
- A Kii Pairing - Crisps & Brew
- A Kii Spread - Feta & Orange Peel
- A Kii Summertime Appetizer
- A Kii BBQ for the Long Weekend!
- Kii Crisps & Kale Salad... Yes, please!
- We're going NUTS over this snack!
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps