Origins of Pairings
When the weekend arrives and the weather is looking beautiful, there is no better way to enjoy it than a glass of vino with a delicious cheese platter.
Did you know, the origins of pairing Wine and Cheese can be traced back over hundreds of years as an art form (i.e. pairing full-bodied wine with strong, flavourful cheeses)? There is also a science component to this pairing as well.
Food Scientists from the National Institute of Health conducted research on the concept of "mouthfeel" where foods on the opposite ends of the spectrum of taste create a more delightful taste sensation.
I personally enjoy hearing from people that have discovered the sensation of paring our Kii Crisps with wine and cheese as it's usually a brand new experience. A good start (to anything really) is choosing your favourite artisan crisp flavour. Then, let your senses guide you.
Anyway, I'm going to enjoy my weekend...and my wine/cheese/Kii Crisps
- Jennifer Van Barneveld-Pe
Photo: Celine Saki Photography
Cheese Platter: courtesy of Hearty Catering
- Kii Crisps & Kale Salad... Yes, please!
- We're going NUTS over this snack!
- Variety is the Spice of Life
- Family Day Recipe
- A Valentine’s Day Surprise
- The Perfect Date
- Smile Smoothie Bowl
- Be Good To You
- Turn Rabbit Food into Real Food
- The Most Important Meal of the Day
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Spreading Holiday Cheer
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- The Queen of Spice
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Fall Recipes that Make us Smile
- Life Demands You
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- New Wholefood Blends™ are here!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- We're ingredient geniuses...not to brag;)
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps
- Squash & Spiced Pepitas on Cranberry Crisps