Hot Summer Pairing
The hot weather is here and we believe your food should adjust to the climate. According to traditional Chinese medicine, there exist “warming foods” and “cooling foods.” "It is said that the cooling foods help to clear heat and toxins from the body, whereas the warming foods increase circulation and raise qi or vital energy,” explains Kerry Bajaj, certified health coach at Eleven Eleven Wellness Center in New York City.
We've all been there, on hot sticky days all we want ice cold drinks, fruit, popsicles and ice cream. It's very easy to consume a lot of calories in one sitting just in order to 'cool down'.
So we have a solution!
A fresh, cool and tangy salad just like this chickpea, kale, carrot, tomato and cabbage salad from Hearty Catering. Top with aged balsamic vinegar and olive oil, with a pinch of sea salt and fresh black pepper.
Pair with our Organic Raisin, Rosemary & Pumpkin Seed crisps and voila! There you have a cool, healthy and hearty salad on a hot summer’s day. Here's to a happy and healthy summer :)
~ Kii Ambassador Jenny #LivingKii
- A Kii Summertime Appetizer
- A Kii BBQ for the Long Weekend!
- Kii Crisps & Kale Salad... Yes, please!
- We're going NUTS over this snack!
- Variety is the Spice of Life
- Family Day Recipe
- A Valentine’s Day Surprise
- The Perfect Date
- Smile Smoothie Bowl
- Be Good To You
- Turn Rabbit Food into Real Food
- The Most Important Meal of the Day
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Spreading Holiday Cheer
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- The Queen of Spice
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Fall Recipes that Make us Smile
- Life Demands You
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- New Wholefood Blends™ are here!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- We're ingredient geniuses...not to brag;)
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps
- Squash & Spiced Pepitas on Cranberry Crisps