Banana Bread Recipe
This easy banana bread recipe is a great way to get the kids involved with baking and the end result… a healthy and delicious treat that will bring a smile to everyone’s face!
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 large bananas)
- ¼ cup milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon of your favourite Smile Wholefood Blend
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil and honey together. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk.
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and mix together. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour and Smile Wholefood Blend, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and top with a sprinkle of Smile Wholefood Blend
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Let the banana bread cool before slicing. Optional- top with additional Wholefood Blend.
- Enjoy with the family
Recipe inspiration: Cookie & Kate
Half the fun is preparing the banana bread with the family and the other half, devouring the banana bread of course!
- Variety is the Spice of Life
- Family Day Recipe
- A Valentine’s Day Surprise
- The Perfect Date
- Smile Smoothie Bowl
- Be Good To You
- Turn Rabbit Food into Real Food
- The Most Important Meal of the Day
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Spreading Holiday Cheer
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Nutty for Chocolate Crisps
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- The Queen of Spice
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Fall Recipes that Make us Smile
- Life Demands You
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- New Wholefood Blends™ are here!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- We're ingredient geniuses...not to brag;)
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps
- Squash & Spiced Pepitas on Cranberry Crisps