Fall Recipes that Make us Smile
Cranberries. Sweet potatoes. Pumpkins. Pears. What do these foods have in common? Not only are they healthy fruits & vegetables, but are some of the top seasonal foods for fall.
It’s so important to eat seasonal foods. Eating seasonally has many benefits from tasting better, to higher nutritional value which support our bodies natural needs when weather changes. Seasonal foods are also more environmentally friendly and cheaper.
Here are 4 of our favourite fall recipes that bring us comfort and a smile to our face:
1) Red Pepper & Sweet Potato Soup
Recipe from Cafe Johnsonia
As the weather starts to cool down, warm up with this delicious soup of red peppers & sweet potatoes. The sweet potato has the best flavour during fall and both sweet potatoes and red peppers are rich in antioxidants and beta-carotene to prevent Vitamin A deficiencies. For some additional texture & nutrients, we added Wholefood Blend + Cranberry.
2) Pumpkin Pancakes
A weekend favourite for the family. Fall is officially in the air as the smell of these delicious pancakes waft through the house on a crisp cool morning. Just combine pancake mix, eggs, pumpkin, stevia, pumpkin spice, vanilla and Smile Wholefood Blend and bake. Pumpkins are high in beta-carotene, a good source of fibre and vitamin C.
3) Baked Pears
If you’re looking for a little sweetness at the end of the day, these baked pears will do the trick. Add brown sugar, butter and Smile Wholefood Blends to ripe juicy pears and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Broil until the topping is golden brown. Serve with French Vanilla ice cream. Pears are an important fruit to add to your diet as they are high in antioxidants and fiber. A delicious dessert AND nutritious. Win Win!
4) Cranberry & Almond Spinach Salad
Recipe from Cooking Classy
This is a simple yet delicious salad that is packed with nutrients. Cranberries have an anti-inflammatory effect and are high in antioxidants. The sesame seed salad dressing complements for a blend of sweet + savoury and the almonds add a crunchy texture to please the palate. We tried this salad with Wholefood Blend + Cranberry for an extra kick of nutrients.
What are your favourite fall recipes? Share with us on our Smile Facebook page www.facebook.com/smilenaturalfoods
Eat Well. Smile More.
- Kii Crisps & Kale Salad... Yes, please!
- We're going NUTS over this snack!
- Variety is the Spice of Life
- Family Day Recipe
- A Valentine’s Day Surprise
- The Perfect Date
- Smile Smoothie Bowl
- Be Good To You
- Turn Rabbit Food into Real Food
- The Most Important Meal of the Day
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Spreading Holiday Cheer
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- The Queen of Spice
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Fall Recipes that Make us Smile
- Life Demands You
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- New Wholefood Blends™ are here!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- We're ingredient geniuses...not to brag;)
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps
- Squash & Spiced Pepitas on Cranberry Crisps