Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
Holiday parties are in full effect and why not celebrate with a beautiful Charcuterie board!
Charcuterie boards are a great way to put together an appetizer of mouthwatering food, without too much preparation on your part. You can always choose and place some of your favourite meats and cheeses onto a board and call it a charcuterie plate but putting together a truly spectacular board is worth the effort.
Here are the elements to make your next charcuterie appetizer a show-stopper:
Meat - Choose at least one spicy meat, something milder and a couple of things in between. Aim for traditional charcuterie varieties like dry-cured salami, prosciutto, or chorizo.
Cheese - Choose cheeses that are mild enough to complement the meat and some that are strong enough to be eaten on their own. Have at least one soft cheese and one harder cheese and make sure you include something blue.
Crisps - Choose from our Artisan Crisp line. They are the perfect combo of salty and sweet but allow for the natural flavours of the meat and cheeses to shine. Try any one of these great kii flavours:
- Kii’s Signature Cranberry & Pumpkin Seed
- Organic Cranberry & Cashew
- Simply Sourced Cranberry & Sea Salt (available only in the US)
Condiments are a must, use them! They enhance the flavours of cheeses. The best ones to use include: wine-based jelly, concentrated fruit-based jams (pear and fig are ideal) and honey.
Olives and Pickles - add some salty, sour and sweet to get all the taste buds satisfied. Choose plain green or black olives, olives stuffed with garlic or peppers for some extra punch. Go for both sweet and sour high quality pickles.
Wine - there is nothing better than the perfect glass of wine to compliment your selections. Here are some of our favourite pairings for the charcuterie board:
- San Giovese and Pinot Grigio
- Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir
- Zinfandel and Riesling
- Chianti and San Giovese
- Chianti and Barolo and Brunello
- Prosecco and Port
Enjoy with a gathering of family, friends or neighbors OR curl up by the fire with a cozy blanket and enjoy it all to yourself because you deserve it! #LivingKii
- A Kii Fall Butternut Squash Soup
- A Kii 'Thanksgiving' Spread - Squash & Spiced Pepitas
- A Kii Pairing - Crisps & Brew
- A Kii Spread - Feta & Orange Peel
- A Kii Summertime Appetizer
- A Kii BBQ for the Long Weekend!
- Kii Crisps & Kale Salad... Yes, please!
- We're going NUTS over this snack!
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps