Be Good To You
Life is demanding. We’re so busy running around after others that we sometimes forget to look after ourselves. We end up tired, stressed and overall just plain exhausted!
This year, why not take some more ‘me’ time? When we take time for ourselves, we end up happier and healthier. We can de-stress, rejuvenate and feel more present in our busy hectic lives.
Here are some easy ways to ‘be good to you’ this January:
1. Meditate Daily:
No longer just for Buddhist monks. Meditation has become widespread as people are experiencing a multitude of health benefits associated with the practice. People sleep better and feel increased energy, calmness and greater clarity within the first couple of weeks.
Try meditating once or twice a day for a couple minutes. Focus on your breath or allow yourself to reflect on the days emotions without judgement.
2. Go for a Walk Outside:
You’ll need to bundle up for this one. Taking a daily walk helps clear the mind, offers sensory stimulation, improves sleep quality, reduces lower back pain, improves fitness and strengthens the immune system. Alternatively, there are some great winter activities like skating, skiing or tobogganing that bring out those smiles!
3. Try Something New:
Break out of your comfort zone. This can be difficult, but trying something new can give a fresh perspective, expands the mind, increase confidence and drives personal growth. Trying something new can involve signing up for a new exercise class, learning a new language or trying new foods.
Smile Wholefood Blend™ contains unique, delicious and highly nutritious ingredients. For example, Wholefood Blend™ + Fig Cacao has diced figs, cacao beans, amaranth seeds, lucuma powder and turmeric among 12 other superfoods. The all-in-one blend is a convenient and easy way to give your body the vital nutrients it needs to get through the busy day.
If you haven’t tried one of these foods, check out our delicious Strawberry Chocolate Smoothie using Wholefood Blend™ Fig Cacao:
- 1 cup of milk of choice
- 1 single container of dark chocolate pudding
- 3 tablespoons of Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ strawberries
- 2 tbsp Wholefood Blend™ Fig & Cacao
Let us know on social how you are taking some more #MeTime this January!
Eat Well, Smile More.
- Kii Crisps & Kale Salad... Yes, please!
- We're going NUTS over this snack!
- Variety is the Spice of Life
- Family Day Recipe
- A Valentine’s Day Surprise
- The Perfect Date
- Smile Smoothie Bowl
- Be Good To You
- Turn Rabbit Food into Real Food
- The Most Important Meal of the Day
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Spreading Holiday Cheer
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- The Queen of Spice
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Fall Recipes that Make us Smile
- Life Demands You
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- New Wholefood Blends™ are here!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- We're ingredient geniuses...not to brag;)
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps
- Squash & Spiced Pepitas on Cranberry Crisps