A Kii Summertime Appetizer
It’s almost the end of July and with that means a full month of summer time entertaining behind us. With the many cottage weekends spent on the water fighting off the intense heat and humidity, light appetizer and dinner options are always the best. We were inspired by some grab we found at our local supermarket and decided to throw this little recipe together. We were in love and our guests enjoyed it too. So the next time you are hosting this summer, try this little appetizer and you’ll be bound to impress your guests!
1 box (150g/5.3oz) Kii naturals Goji Berry & Pistachio Crips
½ cup (125mL) cooked crabmeat, fresh, canned or frozen
1/3 cup (75 mL) corn kernels
¼ cup (60mL) finely diced red pepper
2 tbsp (30mL) finely diced red onion
2 tbsp (30mL) light mayonnaise
1 tbsp (15mL) lime juice
½ tsp (2mL) finely grated lime zest
½ tsp (2mL) sriracha
¼ tsp (1mL) salt
Pinch ground cumin
½ avocado diced
- Place crabmeat in sieve; pick through and remove any shells or cartilage. Press to remove any excess water. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add corn, red pepper, red onion, mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, sriracha, salt and cumin. Stir to combine. Stir in avocado just before serving.
- Top each crisp with heaping teaspoon of crab mixture.
- Top each crisp with cilantro
- A Kii Summertime Appetizer
- A Kii BBQ for the Long Weekend!
- Kii Crisps & Kale Salad... Yes, please!
- We're going NUTS over this snack!
- Variety is the Spice of Life
- Family Day Recipe
- A Valentine’s Day Surprise
- The Perfect Date
- Smile Smoothie Bowl
- Be Good To You
- Turn Rabbit Food into Real Food
- The Most Important Meal of the Day
- No Bake Pumpkin Squares
- Spreading Holiday Cheer
- Fig & Apple Crisp Topper
- Seasonal Cheese Board
- The Queen of Spice
- Recipe - Cashew Pomegranate Ball
- Fall Recipes that Make us Smile
- Life Demands You
- Don't Forget the Cranberries this Holiday!
- New Wholefood Blends™ are here!
- Classic Butternut Squash Soup
- Shop now on Amazon.com!
- Proudly Non-GMO!
- Father's Day Inspiration
- Hot Summer Pairing
- Origins of Pairings
- A quick & healthy snack from Ambassador Jenny
- We're ingredient geniuses...not to brag;)
- Trade in the cookies for something better!
- Our Signature crisps new look is here!
- Charcuterie Board: Kii Style
- Organic Artisan Crisps are now on shelves across Canada!
- Recipe: Chocolate & Sea Salt Dipped Crisps
- Squash & Spiced Pepitas on Cranberry Crisps